ORCHARD SCHOOL PHYSICAL EDUCATION
Physical education is a very important aspect of our school curriculum as it inspires our pupils to become physically confident and helps to build character and supports their health and fitness.
We always aim to embed key values such as fairness and respect and try to include a variety of sports and other physical activities to inspire our pupils and to give them the opportunity to try as many new things as possible.
Latest PE Articles
Cert Level 1 in Physical Education.
Course Title:- NCFE Level 1 Certificate in Health and Fitness.
Guided Learning hours:- 120 hours
Course Focus:- This qualification will give learners a basic understanding of how fitness contributes to a healthy lifestyle.It will also provide them with the opportunity to develop and experience their own fitness programme.
- Learn about the main body systems and basic anatomy in relation to fitness.
- Learn about the short term effects of exercise on the body.
- Learn how diet can impact health and fitness.
- You will understand the effects of diet on health and fitness.
- Learn what safety factors you need to consider when planning an exercise session.
- Understand the factors involved in a personal fitness programme.
- Learn how to produce and review a personal fitness plan for a specific session.
The Units are:-
- Unit 01 :-Introduction to health,fitness and exercise
- Unit 02:- Understanding a healthy lifestyle
- Unit 03:- Planning an exercise session.
- Unit 04:- Understanding a personal fitness programme
- External Exam 1.5 hours
- Internal Assessment ( coursework)
- Physical Education Exams.
The Orchard School