Sweet & Sour Sauce Ingredients (To serve 4 people)
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 300ml Fresh Pineapple Juice
- 2 cloves Garlic (Crushed)
- Small piece Root Ginger (Grated) or 2 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Soft Brown Sugar
- 3 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- Dried Chilli Flakes (small pinch)
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper.
Sweet & Sour Sauce Method:
1) In a small bowl add the cornflour and a small amount of the pineapple juice, mix together to form a smooth paste.
2) Add the remaining ingredients, stir and leave to infuse.
- Small tin pineapple chucks / Slices
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (diced into small chunks)
- Sunflower Oil (approx. 2 tbsp)
- 1 carrot (diced into small chunks)
- 2 small onion ( cut into wedges)
- 2 Red Peppers (de-seeded and cut into chunks)
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 4 spring onions (sliced at a diagonal and used as a garnish at the end)
- Add the chopped / diced peppers onions and carrot into the frying pan with the sunflower oil, and cook until the onion has become transparent over a low heat.
- Coat the chicken in the cornflour, then add the chicken to the frying pan and cook until it has started to cook and go golden brown all over.
- Stir the sweet and sour sauce and then add to the frying pan, and coat all the other ingredients.
- Gentle stir in the remaining pineapple juice, ensuring there are no lumps
- Let it simmer gently for approx: 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the pineapple chunks until it is hot through.
- Serve with either rice or noodles.